- Use outdoors to treat lawns, ornamental gardens, home perimeters and property boundaries. Do not use in vegetable gardens.
- Wear protective clothing, including long sleeves, long pants and gloves, during handling and application.
- Apply on calm, rain-free days, when no rain is forecast for 24 hours to prevent drift or runoff.
- Apply during early morning or late evening, when fire ants are most active.
- Optimize control by combining targeted mound treatments for existing, visible mounds with broadcast treatment.
- Keep people and pets away from treated areas until the product is watered in and the area dry.
- Read the product label and follow application instructions thoroughly.
For broadcast treatments:
- Distribute granules according to label application rates evenly with a broadcast spreader (best for large areas) or a drop spreader (best for small areas)
- Sweep scattered granules off driveways and sidewalks back onto lawns.
- Water immediately after sweeping to release active ingredients. Do not water to the point of runoff.
- Start watering at the farthest point and work back to avoid contact with wet, treated areas.
For mound treatments:
- Water mound areas lightly before application, if soil is dry.
- Distribute 1/2 cup of granules evenly over and around each mound to cover an area 4 feet in diameter.
- Apply 1 to 2 gallons of water to each mound area, according to label instructions, to release active ingredients and move solution into tunnel areas
- Do not add extra water. Too much water can cause mound damage and trigger mound relocation.